Spare Me Some Reading Time

The World Book Day falls on 23rd April. In conjunction with that (Heck! Don't I sound serious?), I have snapped up three books from Borders.






"The Witch of Portobello" by Paulo Coelho has been on my "want to read" list for sometime. The word "Portobello" sure brought back a lot of memories. True enough, the story takes place in London. The arty cover of "What the Lady Wants" attracted me whereas "The Cupid Effect" was chosen by my girl.


It has been exactly a week since I bought these books, and I have yet to lay my hands on them. I have been busy cracking my brain and trying to churn out a number of sensible fee proposals to my potential clients.


It is always extremely difficult to give a lump sum quotation as it is almost impossible to estimate the hours I am going to spend on one particular task/job. Some companies may be very proper and systematic in their contract administration, but that is hard to come by in Malaysia. I would say, a great majority of them don't even possess a system. In the event they don't, I may have to spend more time doing jigsaw-puzzle, trying to patch pieces together in order to re-construct the factual issues prior to me getting down to doing the real work. With the current price hike, I can't take any risk, I just have to be extremely cautious.


Now that with all the proposals done and sent out, I suppose I can now subside into the settee, put my feet up, brew a pot of coffee and start on my newly purchased books. Happy reading...


0 comments: