Day of Rest

Labour Day.


"Take a break. Have a Kit-Kat."


My sister-in-law Kim and my pretty niece Minnie had just returned to L'don from their holiday in Japan. From their pics posted in Facebook, I spotted Minnie holding a limited edition type of Kit-Kat, and it is Japanese Green Tea flavour. But this Jap version is double the size of our previous released Cappuccino flavoured version, not fair! Oh, this remind me of the Lemon Cheesecake flavour, oooooo, yummilicious. Oops, I just got carried away when the word 'chocolates' came to mind.


As it is a special day off, I decided to postpone all my household chores to the day or the week after. We went to Times Square as Yassie wanted to pick up some teeny stuff. We ended up buying a few pairs of flip-flops in vibrant colours, getting prepared for our forthcoming vacation by the beach.


For lunch, we went to PJ SS2 for noodles. It was already 2pm and the noodle shop was literally packed. Why uh? Was it because of Chui Ling's recent recommendation? Hmm, this charming petite lady from Hong Kong is very influential indeed among the Malaysian 'epicureans'. I managed to 'fight' for a table. Josh went for his usual-never-want-to-adventure Wantan noodles, Yassie went for Beef Brisket noodles and I opted for Herbal Duck noodles in soup.










Nothing to shout about, really. The noodles, compared with others, are relatively thin, very much resemble the Italian's Angel's Hair. The portion of meat that came with it was only two-mouth full. The beef broth had a Hong Kong touch, very gingery, and quite good. The herbal duck soup was refreshing. But, the prices were darn steep. RM5.50 for a Wantan noodles! The shop was not even air-conditioned! You won't expect me to return for a long long time.



After the excessive sweating at the noodles shop, went home, had a shower and took a nap. A very long nap indeed coz when I woke up it was already 7pm! I must have passed out! Too exhausted, I suppose. The kids minded their own business. I just plonked myself down on to the sofa and caught up with the latest HK series on Astro-On Demand. Easy day.




0 comments: