Final Farewell

My Dad passed away on 12th May 2008 at 6.30am.



He left peacefully. There was no pain.



According to the Chinese calculation, he is 101.





Unlike the norm, red lanterns, red canopies, red chairs etc were being set up.



We were to dress up in red. And we were told not to grieve over it.



Talk is easy. But, the last few days has been heavy, both physically and emotionally, to see the man who raised me up leaving me forever.



Every life has its end. My Dad has worked very hard during his younger days, but he had time to taste the fruits of his labour, and had enjoyed life to the fullest. And there was no struggle nor pain when he left, which is most comforting.




Chanting by the Buddhists and saying my prayers certainly helped instill tranquility in the face of grievance.



We were overwhelmed by messages of condolences, banners and flowers we have received. Even the MB sent his condolences and the State Exco came to pay his respect. It just goes to show how much a great man my Dad was.



I am thankful to the many nice relatives/people around helping us with the wake, the service, the funeral arrangements, logistics and ensuring everything went on smoothly while we were mourning.





Watching my Dad before they closed the casket lid was the most heart-wrenching thing I have to endure. I left beside him his personal copy of his collection of poems for him to bring along.





My Dad is now in a better place, his Pure Land of Eternal Bliss, and our hearts. He will be missed dearly.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to find this news late -- deepest condolences.
But I think your dad has completed his “完美的人生”。

Unknown said...

101 is the good number. isn't it?
Thank God that he's sleep in painless and peaceful.
Bless you!