Cutie Mahjong vs. Designer Mahjong


Mahjong, the favourite Chinese pastime. I know the game, but I am definitely not a compulsive gambler.


The following caught my attention:




Look at these, aren't they just cute?





And these.





The shimmering golden tiles. Reminds me of the HK movie, "Kung Fu Mahjong" where Roger Kwok was spotted playing with the shimmering golden mahjong.





Come complete with the board, rulers, chips, dice as well.




And the monogram carrying case.



I want. I want. I want.


I heard the golden set is going for RM1200. The original price was less than RM500. Though I hardly play mahjong nowadays, I just want it as a collectible item.



In conjunction with the Beijing Olympics, Gucci has come up with a special collection, the "8-8-2008 Limited Edition" including a luxurious mahjong set covered in red 'La Pelle Guccisima'.

As the name stands, it is priced at USD3,150, equivalent to a whooping RM10,000!!!!

0 comments: