A Beefy Goodness



I decided to drop the weekly food shopping so that I could help Josh in his preparation for next week's exam. After sending Yassie off to school, I came back home and Josh made a request for scrambled eggs. I happily complied and made him toasted ham sandwich, scrambled eggs and iced Milo.







By mid morning, received a call from Yassie, asking me to go to her school immediately as her handphone has been confiscated, she needed my signature for the release of the handphone. What? She expected me to go then, on the Parents' Day, to fight with hundreds of parents for a space to park, some more illegally? Moreover it was her own wrong-doing. I was adamant and refused to go.




We went and picked her up by noon. Apparently, she managed to get her phone back without much hazard. Obviously, she was not happy with me, didn't let out a word in the car. I knew, I knew. Being her mother for fifteen years, don't I know what is on my daughter's mind. Easy peasy. I know she always crave for beef noodles. She was placated quickly enough when she heard that we were de touring to Section 17 to try out the famous Uncle Cheng beef noodle. The stall is located in Khasiat Coffee Shop, near Happy Mansion.






Josh ordered the Ais Kacang. Surprisingly it turned out to be quite good.


Yassie was undecided whether to take the dry or soup version. Julian, the proprietor, said that the dry version is more 'laku' . We ordered 2 dry and 1 soup.



The dry version comes with a bowl of beef broth, separately. 3 beef balls, beef brisket, tripe, on a bed of lai fun, topped with preserved vegetables, roasted peanuts, sprinkled with sesame seeds and laced with a dark brown beefy flavoured sauce.




The soup version was garnished with Chinese celery, spring onion and preserved vegetables. The beef brisket was tender and yummy. Personally, I don't quite like the lai fun. It looked transparent enough, but it was soft, not chewy enough. The broth was full of beefy goodness, heavenly.


The portion looked small at a glance. But by the time we finished, we were so full. The price was quite steep, RM6.50 for a bowl. With that price, I would prefer the beef noodle in Wooley Food Court, Ipoh. A big bowl of beef mixed noodles only cost RM4.50


As you can see, Josh took his own sweet time to enjoy his Ais Kacang.


0 comments: