Am I Neutral?




If you are a regular at 1 Utama, you probably would have seen those Malaysian Dreamgirl's posters/banners being put up in every corner of the complex.






Malaysian Dreamgirl is the first model search reality show in Malaysia, to be broadcasted not on the traditional square box in your living room, instead over the Internet. It is about ordinary Malaysian girls going through the difficult process to become extraordinary MODELS. A typical copycat production of the America's Next Top Model. I don't really know why I am writing about this as I haven't watched any of the episodes. I merely browsed through the photo gallery.




12 finalists were chosen from thousand of ordinary girls, being given a complete makeover and segregated them to reside in a house. In the "Dreamhouse", they do all these together: eat, sleep, play, laugh, bitch, pulling hair, have their photoshoots etc. After weeks of challenges and dramas, only six went through to the Grand Finale, which is to be held on 29th April 2008 at 1 Utama.



A Ha! Now I remember why I want to blog about this. This contest is not based on judges' votes but is based on popular votes from ordinary Malaysians like you and me. You can cast your votes via sms and if your bank account permits, you can even cast unlimited votes. That's where I am coming from. If a contestant has a huge collection of friends or a big family tree, she will sail through easily. Simple as that.



One of the 6 finalists, Cheesie, a.k.a. Ringo Tan, is a celebrity blogger. She certainly have an advantage over this. She is quite pretty, but petite at 162cm and weighing 40kg! The smallest in size.


My favourite:





Adeline. Tall, sweet and cute, probably not a piece of 'model' material (height wise, yes!). A lot of criticism about her broken English. But who cares. She will make a good model for teenage magazines.






Jay. Aaaaah, this is more like it. A born MODEL! A stunning 175cm. But then, doesn't process a pretty face. Should look at her Precinct 2 photoshoot. She turned out to be the best, capturing the theme 'masculine' perfectly, reminded me of Grace Jones!



And, of course,




Ringo, the whole bloggosphere favourite. You can say I am biased coz I do sometimes read her blog. May be becoz of that, I already got used to seeing her face. I thought she did quite well in her photoshoots. I simply love this for Precinct 2.



The Summer White. I feel they put too much make-up on for an outdoor photoshoot.



This one is a quick portrait taken by ShaolinTiger when he visited the Dreamhouse. But I love this snap, very natural. More like the Cheesie we know.

Am I neutral?

My vote goes to Ringo.




The ordinary girls, by ShaolinTiger

0 comments: