Work Blues

Today is definitely not my day.

Despite having worked through the weekend and burnt midnight oil for two nights in order to get the chronology of the case prepared, all I have got was some harsh treatment from my client.

He literally expected me to ploughed through 3 boxes of documents and submit the claim within one week. After I explained to him in length how I have structured the claim and how I intend to analyse the delay events, blah, blah, blah...... He still insisted to have the submission delivered to him in two days time.

Anyone with a sensible mind would know that it is impossible to prepare such a submission which may be 100 pages long, within less than a week. Writing the submisison is one thing, the crucial part is actually getting the facts right. And I can't possibly get the facts right just by reading the documents, as you know people do write crap. I need to put on Sherlock Holmes' hat and carry out investigation/interrogation of his staff in order to have a clearer picture. Once I have got the facts, I will have to study the programme closely and do a delay analysis. All these are no easy task!!!

After all the firecrackers in the meeting room, I left, non-commitally. I refused to act in line with his agenda.

Sod it.

The last thing I want is for that negativity to paralyse my ability to perform.

So, take a deeeeep breath and stay calm.

Hmm... a nescafe would be nice.

0 comments: