Literary Troves

Since I am on a long break away from work and activities, I now have time to pore through books that I bought from the not-so-long-ago Times warehouse sales.


Well, it was in August that I encountered this wonderful book sales while sending my kiddos to electon lessons. Felt like I had stumbled on Treasure Island as I stepped into the sea of books. Spread out there were shelves after shelves, rows after rows, boxes after boxes of paperbacks, hardcovers, magazines and what-nots.


For once, I was lost! I didn't know where to begin. I strolled along the tables on which the books were laid, ran my fingers and rummaged through the literary troves and hunt for my own treasures.


Most of the paperback fiction published few years back were going between RM10-RM15. This was indeed a bargain, as these books are normally priced between RM30-RM70.


My daughter and I managed to loot from the scattered piles of written work some of these titles.












I do wonder, how on earth is the government going to cultivate a reading society when books are so damn expensive nowadays, and warehouse sales like this one come but once in a blue moon?


I am now devouring these books one-by-one. It is definitely better than reading the Malaysian newspaper......

0 comments: