Aunty KH's Birthday Celebration

The kids are having their one week Hari Raya break. Since we can't go anywhere with Mom being immobile, we managed to persuade Aunty KH to come and stay with us. That day happened to be her birthday and we gave her a surprise little celebration at home.


My kids requested for steamboat. So, I went to Jusco and loaded the trolley with lots of vegetables, prawns, mussels, beef, chicken, fish balls, wanton skin, all kinds of mushrooms, etc. I have also grabbed a chocolate mousse cake from the bakery.


I have made two soup base for the steamboat. Miso soup is the kids' favourite. The second one being chicken, tomato and preserved vegetables soup, of which I got the inspiration from the Hong Kong drama series 家好月圆, where 阿好 and 于素秋 always go for tomatoes and pork ribs soup base steamboat. Literally everyone round the table was hooked on my speciality dipping sauce made of chinese fermented beancurd, yummy!





















0 comments: