Touched Down At Guangzhou



.



When my second brother came for Ching Ming in April this year, he invited mom to go and stay in his new residence in Panyu. And hence this trip: on 25th of last month, the week before kids' school holiday, I accompanied mom to Guangzhou.


The flight took 4 hours and we landed in Baiyun International Airport at 9.45am. The Guangzhou Health Authority was very cautious towards the 'A' flu, they sent their medical personnel on board the plane to check every passenger's body temperature before letting passengers off the plane. Everyone was to remain seated until all passengers have been checked. We were the last to leave the plane coz we have to wait for mom's wheelchair to be hauled from the cargo.







The airport was quite wheelchair friendly. I said 'quite' is because at one point, there was no lift leading to the upper floor. I struggled to lead mom up the only and narrow escalator. Luckily there was fast lane for people with privileges, and we went through the immigration in a breeze.


My 2nd brother and his son came to fetch us. Nephew MH drives a 4-wheel SUV.




Note his GPS thingy.



It took nearly one hour to reach Panyu from the airport.





This is Panyu Bridge. Only just learnt that the SEA Games will be held in Guangzhou in 2010.






This is the view from where I was staying. Mind you, it was not foggy but hazy. I find that air quality is generally very poor in cities of China.


Well, this is my first impression of Guangzhou.



0 comments: