Luxurious Living In Panyu, Guangzhou

.





The purpose of my Guangzhou trip was to bring mom to visit my brother in Panyu, of which happens to be my mom's birth place. Umm, managed to kill two birds with one stone, not bad eh. Some info: Panyu is presently a district in Guangzhou though previously it enjoyed the status of a city before it was included in the administration of Guangzhou. Panyu enjoys an excellent strategic position at the heart Pearl River Delta. It is acknowledged as one of the oldest cities in China.





Prior to me landing in Panyu, I had all this while thought that Panyu is an "ulu" town. Damn, wasn't I ignorant! Well, not entirely so. Even with good infra-structures, many parts of Panyu are still very "village-like". However, highrise luxury residential properties are mushrooming around Panyu, in particularly along the embankment.




Managed to stick my nose into one of these luxurious development while I was there.



The King Manor Palace at Huanan New City








Six star luxurious suites with a poshy name





Developed by Hopson Development Holdings Limited





The main gate from Huanan New City.














Major selling point of the development : Advantageous location. Located at the the junction of the City New Central axis and Pearl River, the last piece of land on the City New Central axis. Feng Shui wise, it is backed by seven mountains and fronting the rivers.








Tree-lined path leading to the tower blocks and individual units.






Row of high-end terraced house fronting the condominium.











European classical design with huge balconies.






A grand lobby.






Packed with every conceivable luxury facilities.





Beautifully landscaped linear garden along the embankment.
























Putting green and swimming pool at the far end.




The Golf driving range.



These units are not for the average wage-earning Joe. Coz easy access and absolute privacy is assured with private lift lobby that leads directly into the suites/units. Wow!



Good new is that, the price has dropped drastically due to the global economic downturn. A standard 2600 sq. ft. suite will now cost RMB 4 million (equivalent to RM2 million), compared to RMB5.5 million, when it was first being launched one and a half years ago. What a bargain! But, with all these uncertainties, who dares to take the risk?


3 comments:

Hillary said...

I was posted to Guangzhou from '89 to 92, went many cities where my ex-boss built golf course except Panyu, its a magnificent place to stay I was told.....thanks for the nice pictures that I finally get to see.....

Glitteratti said...

Hillary : Oh, really? so, you can be considered as a local there! Should have asked you for some sight-seeing tips. But then, I was there briefly, not enough time to explore. My movement was kind of "restricted" coz where I stay was "ulu" and my mom disallowed me to go out on my own. But, i still managed to broke the rules, haha!

Hillary said...

I stayed at Garden Hotel (partly owned by China government, part by Hong Konger) 26th floor-that time cost already USD80, not bad huh. Garden Hotel is located in the hub of the city, next to it is "Huang Hua Village" where my aunt stayed. That time Guangzhou was a mess - busy developing subway, the air was like Jakarta now - yellowish. We were always 'communicating' with the Foreign Affairs, Bankers.....grand dinner and plenty of 'cognac' :-)
Memeorable moments.