The Reason for My Blog Freeze

The real reason I haven't been blogging of late ... Well, a lot has to do with feeling very tired, disappointed and fed-up.


I have long planned for this one week shopping trip to Bangkok with my kids during 2008 year end school holiday. Everything was booked, settled my mom back in Ipoh with my aunt, itinerary well planned, luggage half packed. The night prior to departure, I logged on to the Thai websites wanting to find out how the weather was like, and was stunned to learn that the Suvarnabhumi Airport has been sieged by anti-government protesters. In simple words, the bangkok airport was closed, no incoming nor outgoing flights!!


After breaking the bad news to my daughter, she burst into tears and wept the whole night. By crack of dawn, I called MAS but was told that flights were on schedule. Weird! I kept calling and calling every hour or so but kept getting the same answer. Only received call from MAS two hours before check-in time, informing that the flight has been cancelled. It was a real blow to the three of us. My daughter didn't talk for a whole week. You can imagine how disappointed she really was.


I could have postponed the flight to another date, but I have chosen to cancel it coz we couldn't have anymore free dates as I have to look after my mom. My aunt has been real nice to have taken annual leave so as to take my mom into care for that week, but she couldn't afford another week off work. Tough luck!


Then, the week after, came WORK! Yes, work, preparation of a claim submission. The documents should have come to us in October and we have anticipated to complete in 3 months time. Well, things never turned out the way you expected, the documents were only delivered to us end of November, albeit in piece meal manner. Worst still, my 'beloved' client expected us to finish the submisison in three weeks time.


Ha, what a joke! Three months truncated to three weeks! That was why I was working 16 hours a day for the most of December. That only left me with 8 hours to sleep, look after my mom, doing the household chores, cooking for the family. I haven't time to do anything else, not to mention surfing the net, or updating my blog.

So, Christmas, New Year, school holidays are all over. I have already cleared out the decorations. Kiddos are now back to school. I have finished the claim submission, hoping to move on to the next assignment.


I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I would like to see this year. 2008 was not a stellar year by any means. I don’t feel like I did anything of any great importance. No weight lost, no major money made, no personal revelations that changed my entire life. I just wish mom will rapidly get well and be able to move on her own more stably, so that I can go out of my little hut and get some real fee earning work.

0 comments: