The Best Antiques Are Old Friends

.


Last week, met up with SH, a long lost friend. I mentioned 'long lost' coz we haven't seen each other for ... umm... 29 years??! I also managed to convince Tiara to come despite a short notice and having to drag her up from her beauty sleep.


Prior to the meeting up, I was half expecting a half bald middle aged man with sunken eyes and a waistline that might have metamorphosed beyond recognition. Heck, wasn't I wrong!!! In its place was a well proportioned man with a healthy smirk to match. What a suave gentleman he is now. He has taken care of himself well and didn't look a day older since 29 years ago. He is all browned with a really toned six pack (don't ask me how I know), looks every inch a successful professional. He seems profiled like a handsome, mysterious millionaire with a tint of grey in his hair.


The initial few minutes when we exchanged greetings, it did feel a bit awkward. Once the ice was melt, the spirit of camaraderie rekindled. Thinking back, he was shy and a bit of an introvert, kept much to himself. I sat and marveled at him. He now exudes new confidence and seemed happy that we could still remember him, despite him having spent years hibernating in boring cold Leeds, Yorkshire.


He is still happily UNMARRIED, so this is open season for anybody reading this. I can assure you, he will make a good husband and lover as well. I am asking myself why he has not re-surfaced until 25 years too late.


After our nostalgic reminiscing, it was soon time for au revoir with the promise to meet in the not too distant future.



"Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

0 comments: