Right Or Wrong

.




I am perplexed, confused, baffled ...

I felt crushed by the burden of having to choose between two alternatives. Life and relationship choices are usually very difficult to make. It is so damn hard and torturing. Furthermore, the following kept churning in my head and thus made things worse:


- People will always give you differing/opposing opinions on which choice you should make.

- Any choice can be "right" or "wrong" depending how you treat them.

- There are always convincing arguments for more than one choice.

- Not all choices have a "right" or "wrong" answer.

- You will never completely know if you made the right choice.

- Someone will always feel you made the wrong choice.

- Some people may hate you or attribute bad motives to you for whatever choice you make.

- What you choose is not as important as how you choose and what you do with your choice.

- You must take responsibility for any choice you make.
- Everyone inevitably makes "wrong" choices, sometimes that's okay.

- What is the price you pay for not making that choice and what are the rewards if you do?


The last question is tricky. I think for most of us, we tend to settle based on habit and comfort zone, and probably also add “societal expectations”. We often make choices based on what we think is expected of us, at least I know that I did that for a very long time.


But, shouldn't we not be defined by societal expectations? We are complex individuals and shouldn't it be obvious that "we know ourselves best"?


I know if we ever make the wrong choices, we run the risk of living with regrets. Oh, what the heck! I am not saying I have no regrets in life, but instead of focusing on what I should and should not have done, I prefer to focus on what I’ve learnt from the experience/mistake and improve thereupon.


Some says the easiest way is to follow our intuition (or guts) to make the choice that is really reflective of our life goals, needs, and desires, as opposed to the expectations of others, knowing at times it may not what seems like the most logical, or culturally-acceptable choice.


Assuming that our choices are just, moral, legal, and all that, I feel the one we need to make is the one that will make us feel LESS like our life is a constant battle for our sanity and more like a pleasant struggle.


Afterall, life is never easy.


And, I am still torn between two choices.

0 comments: