Heart Shaped Desserts



Am I too late to post my Valentine's bake?


I suppose not.


In Japan, Valentine's Day is celebrated on two different dates ... February 14 and March 14. On February 14, the female gives a gift to the male and on March 14 ... known as White Day and supposedly introduced by a marshmallow company in the 1960s ... the male has to return the gift he received on February 14. Thus, strictly speaking, a Japanese female has the luxury of actually choosing her own gift. Chocolate is the most popular gift in Japan. However, since most Japanese females believe that store-bought chocolate is not a gift of true love, they tend to make the confection with their own hands.


I did make some heart shaped dessert this Valentine's Day. Not that I have a lover to present them to, I did/baked them for the sake of my girl coz she wanted to learn how to make such delectable gifts.




An Oreo Cheesecake. This was a last minute bake. I was in such a rush that I forgot to smoothen the surface of the mixture before I put it in the freezer, hence the ugly look.





A heart within a heart.




These are done using Konnyaku powder. Red and orange hearts.






These are ice-cream agar-agar. There was a tub of Neapolitan ice-cream sitting in my fridge and I thought : why not? Note closely, there are actually tri-colour, pink, yellow and brown.













Bought these rice crackers at Jusco. Kawai ne?







My bottle of Gucci Envy has only a few drops left. This wonderful gift of Estee Lauder just fitted in nicely.







0 comments: