Coloured???

Something that I would like to share:

This poem was nominated by UN as the best poem of 2006, written by an African Kid.







When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black




And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray




And you calling me colored?



****************

Now that America has shown they can elect a black President and majority of them have put their racist tendencies behind them, it is time to repudiate all those that would continually play the race card. And, you know who you are.


Well, it's over. Let us hope for American's sake that CHANGE just does not mean the election of a black President and that from Obama's perspective it means much more. However, one thing is for certain that it will not be smooth sailing.


Despite the headline reads "Obama cruised to victory", it hasn't been easy for him. And now that he's in, it won't be easy at all. Obama is inheriting the worst economy America has had in decades. And there are plenty of people just waiting to blame everything on him. I hope he will come through the next four years well.


I was watching the live coverage from CNN. The more I watch, the more I wish there was this sort of democratic participation in Malaysia (and, dare I hope?). In Bolehland, the only time we gather in large numbers for political reasons is to protest (for more democracy). We never gather to celebrate politically. We are never excited about elections. And why should we be? ... ... ... ahem.


0 comments: